ASHEBORO N.C. – The NC DOT has scheduled a public meeting to discuss proposed changes to intersections on 421 in Liberty near the Guilford County line.
The meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2022 from 5-7 pm at the Liberty Town Hall
(239 S. Fayetteville St, Liberty, NC) and is open to the public.
The N.C. Department of Transportation proposes to convert three at-grade intersections (conventional/traditional intersections) on U.S. 421 and make other improvements in Randolph County near the Guilford County line.
1. Conversion of at-grade intersection to interchange:
- Colonial Trading Path/Shiloh Road
- Julian Airport Road (S.R. 2502)
- Shiloh Road/Starmount Road (S.R. 2407)
2. Closure of at-grade intersection:
- Browns Meadow Road (S.R. 2408)
3. Intersection realignment:
- Shiloh Road/Colonial Trading Path/US 421
- Old Red Cross Road (S.R. 2403)/Shiloh Road
- Old Red Cross Road/Harold Meadow Road (S.R. 2404).
NCDOT representatives will be available to answer questions and receive comments. The comments and information received will be taken into consideration as work on the project develops.
The opportunity to submit written comments will be provided at the meeting or can be submitted via phone, email or at NCDOT’s public input portal by Sept. 13, 2022.
For additional information or to mail comments, contact:
Jeffery L. Teague, P.E.
Project Team Lead
NCDOT Highways Division 8
Carthage, NC 28327