Wednesday, February 21
Shadow

No Injuries after Fire at Georgia Pacific 

Fire Hose – Stock Photo (Acme News Archive)

ASHEBORO N.C. – No one was injured during a commercial fire at Georgia Pacific Wednesday evening, according to Asheboro Fire & Rescue Department. 

On Wednesday November 29th, 2023, at 7:40 p.m. crews from the Asheboro Fire and Rescue Department responded to Georgia Pacific, located at 200 McDowell Rd, for a report of a commercial fire. 

According to information released by the department, the first unit arrived on scene just three minutes after dispatch to find a small fire in a cardboard cutting machine. 

Firefighters were able to gain access to, and extinguish, the fire by 9:19 pm. 

In total seven units, consisting of seventeen personnel from Asheboro Fire & Rescue were on scene, along with a Randolph County EMS unit who was there on standby. Units from Westside Fire and Rescue provided coverage at Station 1 during the incident. 

The building had been evacuated prior to the arrival of fire crews and no injuries were reported.

The fire was ruled unintentional, and the damage was estimated at $5,000.