ASHEBORO NC – A woman is recovering from surgery after being shot by her husband in the parking lot of an Asheboro apartment complex.
According to information released by the Asheboro Police Department, on Wednesday, April 28th, 2021, officers with the Asheboro Police Department were dispatched to Ashewood Circle in reference to a report of a victim with an accidental gunshot wound. Officers found 55-year-old Deneene Lynn Baxter suffering from a gunshot wound. Officers rendered first aid at the scene and the victim was transported to a hospital in Greensboro where she underwent surgery and is recovering.
During the investigation, it was determined that the victim was shot by her husband, Barry Lynn Baxter, Jr., age 40. Baxter was arrested at the scene and charged with the following offenses:
- ∙ Assault with a Deadly Weapon Inflicting Serious Injury (Felony)
- ∙ Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon (Felony)
- ∙ Possession of Schedule II Controlled Substance (Felony)
- ∙ Possession of Controlled Substance in a Local Confinement Facility (Felony)
- ∙ Discharging a Firearm in the City (Misdemeanor)
Baxter was booked at the Randolph County Jail and remains in jail under a $25,000 secured bond. Anyone with additional information regarding this incident is asked to contact Det. Councilman at 336-626-1300.