ASHEBORO NC – Today Randolph County Public Health (RCPH) announced that they are scheduling appointments for Moderna COVID-19 vaccine booster shots for select groups. Public Health will be following the CDC recommendations meaning the following groups of people would be eligible:
- Individuals 65 years and older, or
- ∙ Individuals 18 years and older who:
- o Live or work in a nursing home or long-term care residential facility, or
- o Have a medical condition that increases risk for severe illness (for example, obesity, asthma, heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes) or
- o Work in a high-risk profession that puts someone in contact with a lot of people with unknown vaccination status (for example, health care workers, first responders, teachers, food processing workers, retail and restaurant workers, and public transportation workers), or
- o Live or work in a place where many people live together (for example, homeless shelters, correctional facilities, dormitories or other group living settings in colleges or universities).
RCPH continues to offer first, second doses of Pfizer as well as third doses for those who are immunocompromised and boosters. They are also offering second doses of Moderna as well as third doses for those who are immunocompromised.
The single booster vaccines for both Moderna and Pfizer must be given at least six months after the second dose of either Pfizer or Moderna, or at least two months after receiving a single dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
The number for the appointment line is: 336-365-6110. The phone line is open Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.