Saturday, May 18
Shadow

Tag: Commercial Fire

Firefighters Respond to Smoke at Asheboro Dollar General

Firefighters Respond to Smoke at Asheboro Dollar General

News
Photo courtesy - Dollar General, Corporate (Newsroom) ASHEBORO N.C. - No one was injured after smoke inside an Asheboro Dollar General resulted in a commercial fire response overnight.   On the evening of November 15th, 2023, the Asheboro Fire and Rescue Department (AFRD) responded to a report of a possible commercial fire at the Dollar General, located at 1450 Zoo Parkway.  Fire crews were dispatched at 8:38 p.m., and the first unit arrived on scene at 8:42 p.m. to find light smoke in the store. The business had been evacuated before the AFRD's arrival and it was determined that the source of the smoke was a malfunctioning freezer. Power was cut to the freezer and crews used fans to ventilate the store to remove the smoke. Six Asheboro Fire & Rescue units with a t...
[UPDATED] Vehicle Fire at Asheboro Mechanic Shop Triggers Commercial Fire Response

[UPDATED] Vehicle Fire at Asheboro Mechanic Shop Triggers Commercial Fire Response

Breaking News
ARTICLE UPDATEDThis article has been partially re-written with updated information. ASHEBORO N.C. - Just before 4 p.m. Thursday afternoon, fire crews with the Asheboro Fire Rescue Department responded to 1233 N Fayetteville St for a report of a vehicle on fire inside of a bay at a mechanic shop. According to a press release, AFRD units arrived on scene at 3:50 p.m. to find a truck on fire inside a building. Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire and set up ventilation to clear the building of smoke. The cause of the incident was unintentional, and damages were estimated at $3,000. Reports indicate there were no injuries. Both southbound lanes of N Fayetteville St, were closed and vehicles were detoured onto the turning lane while crews were on-scene. ...
No One Injured in Commercial Fire in Asheboro

No One Injured in Commercial Fire in Asheboro

News
ASHEBORO N.C. - The Asheboro Fire & Rescue Department says no one was injured in a commercial structure fire in Asheboro yesterday morning. According to a press release, at 08:35 a.m. fire crews were dispatched to 2520 N Fayetteville St in Asheboro for a report of a comercial structure fire. The first unit arrived on scene just three minutes after being dispatched at 08:38 a.m. and reported finding a single-story commercial metal building with heavy smoke showing. Ten crews with a total of twenty-two fire personnel were able to get the fire under control by 09:01 a.m. Asheboro Police Department, Randolph County Emergency Services, and Duke Energy were all on scene providing assistance, and Westside Fire Department sent a fire crew to Station 1 to fill in until units...
No Injuries After Fire at Asheboro Pizza Hut

No Injuries After Fire at Asheboro Pizza Hut

News
Asheboro Fire Department (via Facebook) ASHEBORO N.C. - No one was injured in a late-night fire at the Asheboro Pizza Hut. According to a press release from the Asheboro Fire Department this morning, Fire and Rescue crews from the department's A-shift were dispatched to a commercial fire at the Pizza Hut on E Dixie Dr at around 11:30 pm. "Crews arrived on scene to find heavy smoke showing. Crews conducted a search to verify the building was not occupied. Crews were also able to quickly extinguish the fire," said Samantha East, Public Information Officer with the Asheboro Fire Department. "Fire damage was confined to checkout counter area-smoke damage throughout the building." Randleman Fire, Franklinville Fire, and Tabernacle Fire assisted. Asheboro Police Department and Rand...