Saturday, December 2
Shadow

Firefighters Respond to Smoke at Asheboro Dollar General

Photo courtesy – Dollar General, Corporate (Newsroom)

ASHEBORO N.C. – No one was injured after smoke inside an Asheboro Dollar General resulted in a commercial fire response overnight.  

On the evening of November 15th, 2023, the Asheboro Fire and Rescue Department (AFRD) responded to a report of a possible commercial fire at the Dollar General, located at 1450 Zoo Parkway. 

Fire crews were dispatched at 8:38 p.m., and the first unit arrived on scene at 8:42 p.m. to find light smoke in the store.

The business had been evacuated before the AFRD’s arrival and it was determined that the source of the smoke was a malfunctioning freezer. Power was cut to the freezer and crews used fans to ventilate the store to remove the smoke.

Six Asheboro Fire & Rescue units with a total of seventeen personnel responded to the call, along with Randolph County EMS, however no injuries were reported. 

Firefighters reported the incident was under control at 8:48.