Wednesday, July 17
Shadow

Tag: House Fire

AFRD Responds to House Fires Sunday and Monday

AFRD Responds to House Fires Sunday and Monday

News
ASHEBORO N.C. - The Asheboro Fire Rescue Department responded to two house fires, one on Sunday and another Monday. On Sunday December 17th, 2023, at 3:30 p.m. Asheboro Fire and Rescue Department (AFRD) was dispatched to a structure fire at 430 Glovinia St. AFRD via Facebook AFRD via Facebook Units with C-shift arrived within two minutes to find heavy smoke coming from the residence. An initial and secondary search located no one in the home. Crews reported the scene under control at 3:52 p.m. After the fire the house was turned back over to the occupants. Damage to the structure was estimated to be around $15,000 and the cause of the incident was ruled as unintentional.  On Monday December 18th, 2023, at 4:53 a.m. crewed were dispatched to a residential fire at 811 S ...
Community Rallies to Support Family after Child Seriously Injured in House Fire

Community Rallies to Support Family after Child Seriously Injured in House Fire

Local
(Photo via Facebook) See upcoming events to support the Burroughs family and how you can help out by clicking here. ASHEBORO N.C. - The community is coming together to support a local family after their 10-year-old son was seriously injured in a house fire that destroyed the family home.  On December 8th, 2023, at 2:50 a.m. the Burroughs’ family home on Mountain Creek Rd. caught fire. At the time, Kevin and Shauna Burroughs were home asleep with their two children, 15-year-old daughter, Kamdyn and 10-year-old son, Chevy.  According to stories shared by family and friends with local media outlets, Shauna was able to pull Kamdyn out through a window. Kevin, the father, was pushed back by heavy smoke and fire trying to reach Chevy and ended up breaking through a wall to...
No Injuries Reported after Late Night House Fire in Asheboro

No Injuries Reported after Late Night House Fire in Asheboro

News
[Scott Pelkey | North State Journal] ASHEBORO N.C. - No injuries were reported last night after fire crews responded to a fire at a duplex in Asheboro.  At 10:16 p.m. on December 12th, 2023, Asheboro Fire and Rescue was dispatched to a reported apartment fire at 617 S Church St.  The first unit arrived on scene just two minutes later and found a working fire in a small duplex. Fire fighters located and extinguished a fire in one of the apartments and ventilated the building. The fire was reported under control at 11:29 p.m. No one was located after two searches of the building, and no injuries were reported.  [Scott Pelkey | North State Journal] In total 8 units with 21 personnel were on scene from Asheboro Fire and Rescue along with Randolph County EMS ...
No Injuries in Early Morning House Fire in Randleman

No Injuries in Early Morning House Fire in Randleman

Breaking News
RANDLEMAN N.C. - Officials are saying that no one was injured during an early morning house fire in Randleman. Just after midnight on July 5th, 2023, Fire crews from Randleman, Sophia, Level Cross, and Westside Fire Departments were dispatched along with Randolph County EMS to a report of a house fire on Allred Way. Crews arrived to find a home nearly fully involved. Fire crews responded to a fully involved house fire on Allred Way in Randleman early in the morning hours of July 5th, 2023. [Scott Pelkey | North State Journal] According to officials with the Randleman Fire Department the homeowner was home at the time of the fire and all occupants were able to safely exit the structure with no injuries reported. The home, however, suffered heavy damage. Crews remained on...
No Injuries in Early Morning House Fire off MLK in Asheboro

No Injuries in Early Morning House Fire off MLK in Asheboro

Breaking News
ASHEBORO N.C. - No one was injured in a house fire early this morning off Martin Luther King Jr Dr in Asheboro. At 3:30 am, on May 9th, 2023, officers with the Asheboro Police Department reported a house fire at 625 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive. Firefighters with the Asheboro Fire/Rescue Department were dispatched and arrived on scene at 03:34 am. Initial reports indicated that there may have been people inside the residence, however a search determined that no one was inside the structure. According to Samantha East, Fire and Life Safety Educator, and Public Information Officer for the Asheboro Fire/Rescue Department 6 units with eighteen personnel from the department were able to extinguish the fire by 03:57 am. No Injuries were reported. The extent of the damage is u...
Woman Charged with Arson after Fire

Woman Charged with Arson after Fire

Crime
ASHEBORO N.C. - A local woman has been charged with arson after a house fire near Asheboro this week. On April 11th, 2023, the Randolph County Sheriff’s Office responded to Waynick Meadow Rd., Asheboro, in reference to a residential fire. When deputies arrived fire crews on scene had already contained the fire. According to a press release from the Sheriff's Office, deputies had responded to two earlier calls at the same residence for arguments between persons living at the address. One resident advised that she was inside when she heard someone beating on the outside of the residence and shouting that it was on fire. The Fire Marshal’s Office, Crime Scene Investigators and Criminal Investigations Detectives responded to investigate. That investigation led to Paula Lee G...
No Injuries in Afternoon House Fire in Asheboro

No Injuries in Afternoon House Fire in Asheboro

News
After getting a house fire under control, firefighters work to put out hot spots and overhaul the scene on Friday Jan 13th, 2023. (Scott Pelkey / Acme News) ASHEBORO N.C. - No one was injured after a home on Ashbrook View Ln in Asheboro caught fire early Friday afternoon. At 1:25 PM on Friday January 13th, 2023, firefighters from Ulah, Westside, and East Side Fire Departments, along with Randolph County EMS were dispatched to a home on Ashbrook View Ln in Asheboro. The first unit arrived on scene at 1:30pm and reported a working fire near the rear of the structure. Firefighters had the blaze under control by 1:55 PM but remained on scene for 3 hours performing overhaul operations. Investigators from the Randolph County Fire Marshalls Office were called to the scene to i...
No One Injured in Late Night Asheboro House Fire

No One Injured in Late Night Asheboro House Fire

News
https://youtu.be/hYUUWCJP4NM ASHEBORO N.C. - No one was injured, and four animals were rescued during a house fire in Asheboro early this morning. At around 2:39 am this morning the Asheboro Fire Department was dispatched to a home on S Main St near Maraduke Cir, after 911 callers reported flames shooting from the roof of a home. "Battalion 1 arrived to find a working fire involving a 2 story residential structure," said Samantha East, Public Information Officer with the Asheboro Fire Department in an email. "Crews were assigned fire attack and search. Fire attack was able to do an interior attack while utilizing Tower 1’s master stream on the exterior." There were no injuries and firefighters were able to locate and rescue four animals from the structure. ...
Man Tries To Set Franklinville House On Fire, Arrested, Says RCSO

Man Tries To Set Franklinville House On Fire, Arrested, Says RCSO

Crime
ASHEBORO N.C. - A local man was arrested Sunday after he allegedly tried to set a house on fire in Franklinville. According to a press release from the Randolph County Sheriff’s Office, on July 31, 2022, deputies responded with the Franklinville Fire Department to a report of a house fire on W. Main St. in Franklinville. The Sheriff's Office says their deputies received information that a Hispanic male subject in a red shirt, approached the residence with a gas can, and set the residence on fire. They were able to identify that male as Evelio Pinales, who was later located and arrested at his residence. Pinales was charged with one count of felony second degree arson. He was issued a $50,000 secured bond with a first appearance set for August 1, 2022, in Randolph County District...
No One Injured In House Fire – Blamed On Smoker Grill

No One Injured In House Fire – Blamed On Smoker Grill

News
Asheboro Fire Dept (via Facebook) ASHEBORO N.C. - No one was injured after a smoker grill on a deck led to a house fire in Asheboro earlier this week. The Asheboro Fire Department says on Sunday July 17th 2022 just before 5pm, fire crews were dispatched to a home on Heritage Court for a residential fire. An officer with the Asheboro Police Department arrived on scene and spoke with witnesses who said no one was home at the time of the fire and reported that the dog inside the home had been escorted out by a neighbor. Firefighters were able to get the blaze under control by around 5:30pm. In a press release Samantha East, Public Information Officer with the Asheboro Fire Department confirmed that they believe the fire started on the deck of the home and was caused by an unattend...