Wednesday, July 17


Space Heater Likely Cause Of Fatal House Fire

ASHEBORO NC - Officials have released the name of the victim of a fatal house fire in Denton on Thursday. According to a statement from the Randolph County Sheriff's office fire crews from Randolph and Davidson counties were called to a report of a house fire at 7026 Canaan Church Rd., in Denton. Initial reports from 911 calls indicated someone was possibly still inside the house. Fire crews arrived to find the home heavily involved with fire. While working to put out the fire, firefighters found the body of a male in the living room of the home. investigators with the Randolph County Fire Marshal’s Office determined that the fire was accidental and caused by an electric space heater. Jonathan Hogue, 29, was pronounced deceased at the scene by the Randolph County Medical Examiner. ...