ASHEBORO NC – A Liberty man was arrested in a parking lot in Staley on drug trafficking charges. That’s according to a press release by the Randolph County Sheriff’s Office. They say on March 10th, 2021, the departments Vice and Narcotics Division concluded an investigation related to the distribution of Cocaine in the Liberty / Staley area. Detectives executed a search warrant at an address in Liberty. A search warrant was also executed on a vehicle that was parked at a business in Staley. During the search, detectives say they located and seized a trafficking amount of Cocaine, items of drug paraphernalia, and US Currency. In total during the investigation the Sheriff’s office says they seized approximately 296 grams (2/3 pounds) of cocaine.
According to court records Edward Junior Spinks was charged with
- Felony Trafficking in Cocaine
- Felony Possession With Intent to Manufacture/Sell/Deliver Cocaine
- Felony Maintaining a Vehicle/Dwelling/Place for Controlled Substance
- Misdemeanor Simple Possession Schedule VI
- Misdemeanor Possession Drug Paraphernalia.
He was transported to Randolph County Jail and given a $50,000.00 Secured Bond and Electronic House Arrest with a court date scheduled for March 11, 2021, in Randolph County District Court.