ASHEBORO NC – The Sherriff’s Office’s Vice/Narcotics division executed two search warrants last week leading to two arrests.
According to the Randolph County Sherriff’s Office, on June 17, 2021, the Randolph County Sheriff’s Office Vice/Narcotics Unit, along with the Urban Criminal Interdiction Team, concluded an investigation related to the distribution of Heroin in the Sophia / Randleman area. That investigation led to deputies conducting a traffic stop on a vehicle being driven by Alfredo Antonio Palacios, Jr. near Pineview St. in Asheboro, as well as a search warrant being executed on Palacios residence located on Old Marlboro Rd. in Sophia.
In Palacios vehicle, the Sherriff’s office says they found a Trafficking amount of Heroin along with paraphernalia and US Currency, and in Palacios’s home deputies say they located an additional Trafficking amount of Heroin, along with a small amount of cocaine, a stolen firearm and a large amount of US Currency. In total, the Sherriff’s office says they seized approximately 83 grams of Heroin.
The next day, on June 18th, 2021, after receiving numerous citizen complaints, the Randolph County Sheriff’s Office Vice/Narcotics, along with the Emergency Response Team, concluded an investigation which led to them executing a search warrant on the home of Andy Millard Atkins on N. Park Dr. in Asheboro. That search found Methamphetamine and items of drug paraphernalia.
Palacios and Atkins were arrested and transported to Randolph County Detention Center where they were charged with multiple crimes (listed below).
Alfredo Antonio Palacios, Jr.
- Felony Trafficking in Heroin (3 Counts)
- Felony Possession With Intent to Manufacture/Sell/Deliver Heroin
- Felony Maintain Veh/Dwell/Place for CS (2 Counts)
- Felony Possession of Cocaine
- Felony Possession of Firearm by Felon
- Felony Possess Stolen Firearm
- Simple Possess Sch III
- Misdemeanor Possess Drug Paraphernalia (2 Counts)
$160,000 Secured Bond
Andy Millard Atkins
- Felony Possession with intent to Manufacture/Sell/Deliver Schedule II Controlled Substance
- Felony Maintain Vehicle/Dwelling/Place for Controlled Substance
- Misdemeanor Possession Marijuana up to ½ oz.
- Misdemeanor Possession Drug Paraphernalia
- Misdemeanor Possession Marijuana Paraphernalia
$3,500.00 secured bond