ASHEBORO N.C. – We are still waiting on details from Asheboro Police about what led up to a vehicle chase and manhunt in Asheboro.
The Randolph County Sherriff’s office says On June 18, 2021, patrol units and the Criminal Apprehension Team responded to Rock Lane in Asheboro, in reference to an attempt to locate Matthew Lee McDowell, a wanted subject, following a sighting in the area shortly after 5:00 pm. He was located laying in thick brush in an overgrown wooded area behind residences on Westchapel Rd.
McDowell was arrested and transported to the Randolph County Detention Center where he was served his outstanding Warrants and Orders for Arrest as follows:
Warrants for Arrest:
- Felony Flee/Elude Arrest with a Motor Vehicle
- Misdemeanor Injury to Personal Property
- Misdemeanor Possession Drug Paraphernalia
- Two counts Misdemeanor Resisting Public Officer
- Operate Vehicle with No Insurance
- Failed to Stop at Scene of Crash
- Reckless Driving to Endanger
- Expired / No Inspection
- Two counts Driving While License Revoked – Not Impaired Revoked
- Drive/Allow Motor Vehicle – No Registration
- Hit/Run Leave Scene Property Damage
- Fictitious/Altered Title/Registration Card/Tag
Orders for Arrest:
- Failure to Appear 5/24/2021 Misdemeanor Probation Violation and Misdemeanor Larceny
- Probation Violation
- Failure to Appear on charges of Felony Obtain Property by False Pretense, Misdemeanor Possession of Stolen Goods/Property, and Misdemeanor Shoplifting Concealment of Goods
- Failure to Appear on Driving While License Revoked – Not Impaired Revoked and Fictitious/Altered Title/Registration Card/Tag.
- Failure to Appear on charge of Felony Failure to Comply
- Failure to pay monies
He was given a $55,600 total secured bond and a first appearance was set for June 21, 2021, in Randolph County District Court.