Tuesday, May 21
Shadow

No One Injured In Asheboro House Fire on 4th of July

[Scott Pelkey | North State Journal]

ASHEBORO N.C. – No one was injured in what officials are calling an accidental house fire last night in Asheboro.

According to Samantha East, Public Information Officer with the Asheboro Fire Department at 10:42 pm, crews with the Asheboro Fire Department, along with Randolph County EMS were paged out to a structure fire at 1303 Uwharrie St. Officers with the Asheboro Police Department in the area reported heavy smoke billowing from windows of the home when they arrived.

According to East the fire was quickly extinguished and crews were able to determine no one was home at the time of the fire, however a search of the home found the 2 family dogs had succumb to the smoke.

The fire was determined to be accidental and originated in the kitchen.

This morning Candace Bourgeois Wood and Amanda McLeod posted a GoFundMe page to try and raise $2,000 for the family. “They are wonderful people who would give you the shirt off their backs and would never think of asking for help. So I am asking for them.” said Candace Wood on the GoFundMe page.

Not Working? Visit the page using this link: https://gofund.me/57709010