Saturday, April 20
Shadow

Tag: Asheboro Fire Department

Asheboro Fire/Rescue Receives New Insurance Rating, Lower Insurance Rates Coming Soon

Asheboro Fire/Rescue Receives New Insurance Rating, Lower Insurance Rates Coming Soon

Government
https://youtu.be/YpGOKhpRbnQ Commissioner of Insurance and State Fire Marshal Mike Causey speaks at Station 1 to announce the department's new ISO rating. ASHEBORO N.C. - Lower insurance rates will soon be coming to residents in the Asheboro Fire/Rescue district after the department received its new ISO rating from the NC Department of Insurance. ISO ratings are set by the NC Department of Insurance every five years after an inspection looking at everything from staffing, training, equipment, maintenance, and water supply to emergency communications. The ISO ratings are a measure of how well a department can respond to fires and emergencies and range from one (the highest) to ten (not recognized as a certified fire department by the state). Higher ISO ratings significantly lowe...
No Injuries After Fire at Asheboro Pizza Hut

No Injuries After Fire at Asheboro Pizza Hut

News
Asheboro Fire Department (via Facebook) ASHEBORO N.C. - No one was injured in a late-night fire at the Asheboro Pizza Hut. According to a press release from the Asheboro Fire Department this morning, Fire and Rescue crews from the department's A-shift were dispatched to a commercial fire at the Pizza Hut on E Dixie Dr at around 11:30 pm. "Crews arrived on scene to find heavy smoke showing. Crews conducted a search to verify the building was not occupied. Crews were also able to quickly extinguish the fire," said Samantha East, Public Information Officer with the Asheboro Fire Department. "Fire damage was confined to checkout counter area-smoke damage throughout the building." Randleman Fire, Franklinville Fire, and Tabernacle Fire assisted. Asheboro Police Department and Rand...
No One Injured in Late Night Asheboro House Fire

No One Injured in Late Night Asheboro House Fire

News
https://youtu.be/hYUUWCJP4NM ASHEBORO N.C. - No one was injured, and four animals were rescued during a house fire in Asheboro early this morning. At around 2:39 am this morning the Asheboro Fire Department was dispatched to a home on S Main St near Maraduke Cir, after 911 callers reported flames shooting from the roof of a home. "Battalion 1 arrived to find a working fire involving a 2 story residential structure," said Samantha East, Public Information Officer with the Asheboro Fire Department in an email. "Crews were assigned fire attack and search. Fire attack was able to do an interior attack while utilizing Tower 1’s master stream on the exterior." There were no injuries and firefighters were able to locate and rescue four animals from the structure. ...
No One Injured In House Fire – Blamed On Smoker Grill

No One Injured In House Fire – Blamed On Smoker Grill

News
Asheboro Fire Dept (via Facebook) ASHEBORO N.C. - No one was injured after a smoker grill on a deck led to a house fire in Asheboro earlier this week. The Asheboro Fire Department says on Sunday July 17th 2022 just before 5pm, fire crews were dispatched to a home on Heritage Court for a residential fire. An officer with the Asheboro Police Department arrived on scene and spoke with witnesses who said no one was home at the time of the fire and reported that the dog inside the home had been escorted out by a neighbor. Firefighters were able to get the blaze under control by around 5:30pm. In a press release Samantha East, Public Information Officer with the Asheboro Fire Department confirmed that they believe the fire started on the deck of the home and was caused by an unattend...
No One Injured In Asheboro House Fire on 4th of July

No One Injured In Asheboro House Fire on 4th of July

News
[Scott Pelkey | North State Journal] ASHEBORO N.C. - No one was injured in what officials are calling an accidental house fire last night in Asheboro. According to Samantha East, Public Information Officer with the Asheboro Fire Department at 10:42 pm, crews with the Asheboro Fire Department, along with Randolph County EMS were paged out to a structure fire at 1303 Uwharrie St. Officers with the Asheboro Police Department in the area reported heavy smoke billowing from windows of the home when they arrived. According to East the fire was quickly extinguished and crews were able to determine no one was home at the time of the fire, however a search of the home found the 2 family dogs had succumb to the smoke. The fire was determined to be accidental and originated in the kitc...
UPDATED | Asheboro Fire Responds To Commercial Fire on Albemarle Rd

UPDATED | Asheboro Fire Responds To Commercial Fire on Albemarle Rd

Breaking News
ASHEBORO N.C. - Just after 5:30pm the Asheboro Fire Department was dispatched to a smoke alarm at 857 Albemarle Rd, a vacant structure between the Quality Inn and Roadway Inn (former Motel 6). When firefighters arrived the reported a commercial structure with smoke showing from the structure. An intal search was conducted the building was reported clear. Within 30-45 mins crews were ventilating the building to remove the smoke. No injuries were reported and the cause is unknown at this time. UPDATE 7/5/22 4:30 PM - Today we learned more details about the commercial structure fire on Albermerle Rd on July 4th. According to Samantha East, Public information officer with the Asheboro Fire Department, at at 5:40 pm crews were dispatched to 827 Albermerle Rd for a fire ...
Firefighters Respond To Vehicle Fire in Asheboro

Firefighters Respond To Vehicle Fire in Asheboro

Breaking News
ASHEBORO N.C. - At around 5:30 pm firefighters with the Asheboro Fire Department were called to 554 E Dixie Dr in Asheboro. A 911 caller reported a pick-up truck at the back of the carwash next the Cookout was on fire. When crews arrived they found an older model Chevrolet Silverado 2500 on fire at the back of the parking lot near Cox Ave. The fire was quickly extinguished. No injuries were reported and the cause of the fire is not yet know.
Crews Working To Clear Downed Lines After Accident in Asheboro

Crews Working To Clear Downed Lines After Accident in Asheboro

News
ASHEBORO N.C. (ACME NEWS)- Repair crews are working to clear downed lines and poles at the intersection of Dixon St and Uwharrie St in Asheboro, after an accident involving a truck. Around 11am the Asheboro Fire Department was dispatched to a reported hit and run at Dixon St and Uwharrie St. Police on scene requested the fire department to respond to assist with traffic control and downed power lines. We are still waiting to hear back from the Asheboro Police Department about what exactly led to the accident. In the aftermath left behind 4-6 power poles were down along with power and cable lines across the roadway and in several peoples yards on Dixon St, Uwharrie St, and Cherry St. At this time power crews say that power has been restored to al...
No Injuries After Fire At Asheboro Furniture Plant

No Injuries After Fire At Asheboro Furniture Plant

News
Firefighters with the Asheboro Fire Department on the scene of a fire at a local Furniture plant on May 26th 2022.. (Scott Pelkey / Acme News) ASHEBORO N.C. - Early this afternoon firefighters with the Asheboro Fire Department responded to a report of a pile of sawdust on fire at a local Furniture plant. According to Samantha East, Public Information Officer with the Asheboro Fire Department, at 11:46 am, crews were dispatched to a commercial fire at Jackson Furniture, located at 136 E Dorsett Ave. Crews arrived on scene to find sawdust on fire and were able to quickly extinguish the fire. No injuries were reported and firefighters cleared the scene at 12:55 pm. The cause of the fire is unknown at this time.
Cargo Container Catches Fire At Asheboro Recycling

Cargo Container Catches Fire At Asheboro Recycling

News
Drone photo of firefighters on scene at Asheboro Recycling Center (Scott P / Acme News) ASHEBORO N.C. - No injuries were reported after a cargo container at Asheboro Recycling caught fire last Friday. On April 22nd 2022, just after before 4 pm, fire crews from Asheboro, Ulah, and Eastside Fire Department's were dispatched to the Asheboro Recycling Center on Southmont Dr, in Asheboro for a report of a fire. When firefighters arrived they found a cargo container at the corner of the property ablaze. Smoke from the fire could be seen east of Asheboro. According to Samantha East, Public Information Officer with the Asheboro Fire Department crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire. No injuries were reported and the cause of fire is undetermined.