ASHEBORO N.C. – Join the Asheboro Rotary Club and the Asheboro/Randolph Chamber of Commerce as they present a panorama of Stars and Stripes as part of the 8th annual Field of Honor.
From Friday, November 10, through Sunday, November 12, the baseball field at South Asheboro Middle School will once again be transformed into the Field of Honor with 500 U.S. flags posted in perfect rows and columns in tribute of heroes. The public may sponsor flags in recognition of those heroes, including veterans, active duty service men and women, first responders, and any personal heroes or heroines.
Funds raised through this event will benefit the Asheboro Rotary Club Scholarship Fund and the Asheboro/Randolph Chamber Charitable Foundation. Throughout the weekend, community members will be able to visit the Field of Honor display and walk among the flags, and sponsored flags will be tagged with the names of both the sponsor and the hero to whom it is dedicated.
On Friday, November 10, volunteers will be on site for flag sales from 10 a.m. and end at 5 p.m. On Saturday, November 11, flag sales will begin at 10 a.m. and end at 5 p.m. An opening ceremony and celebration will be held at 12 p.m. that day, and the public is welcome to visit the field at any time.
The opening ceremony will be led by Master of Ceremonies Christian Morgan and will feature:
- Presentation and retirement of the colors by the AHS Air Force JROTC
- National anthem by the Southwestern Randolph High School Honor Ensemble
- Keynote speech by Dr. Robert Shackleford
- Performance by the Asheboro High School Jazz Ensemble.
On Sunday, November 12, volunteers will be on site from 12 to 3 p.m. A closing ceremony led by MC Christian Morgan will be held at 3 p.m. and will feature:
- Presentation and retirement of the colors, 21-gun salute and Taps by the Randolph County Honor Guard
- National anthem by Kathryn Watson
- Fly over by Jerry Jeffers (weather permitting)
- Reading of names on flags by members of the Asheboro Rotary Club
- Keynote speaker – Richard Garkalns
- Bagpiper John Davis
Purchased flags can be collected and taken home after the closing ceremony concludes.
Flags can be purchased via the website of the Asheboro/Randolph Chamber at https://www.asheborofieldofhonor.com/.
Sponsorships of various levels are also available starting at $250. For more information about sponsorships or the event itself, contact Amy Rudisill at the Asheboro-Randolph Chamber at 336-626-2626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Press Release – Asheboro Randolph Chamber of Commerce