ASHEBORO N.C. – A man with 15 outstanding warrants was arrested during a traffic stop on I-73 last week, and things only got worse from there.
According to a press release from the the Randolph County Sheriff’s Office, on March 3rd, 2022, Detectives with the Vice & Narcotics Unit pulled over a vehicle on I-73 North at exit 79. The driver, who they identified as Joseph Adam Spaugh, wanted out of the State of Georgia with full extradition as well as fifteen warrants. Spaugh was placed under arrest. During a search of the vehicle police say they found methamphetamine and paraphernalia. Spaugh was taken to the Randolph County Jail where police say they then found more methamphetamine when jail staff searched him.
Spaugh was served the outstanding warrants and the magistrate found probable cause for the additional charges of felony possession of methamphetamine, felony possession of controlled substance in a Jail/Prison, and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. He was given a total secured $41,000 bond. A first appearance was set for March 5, 2022, in Randolph County District Court.
Joseph Adam Spaugh
- Felony possession of methamphetamine
- Felony possession of controlled substance in a Jail/Prison
- Misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia
Extradition/Fugitive other state – Georgia
- Warrant: Eleven counts felony injury to property to obtain nonferrous metal
- Warrant: Eleven counts felony larceny of motor vehicle parts
- Warrant: Misdemeanor larceny
- Warrant: Order for arrest for failure to appear
$41,000 Secured Bond