ASHEBORO N.C. (ACME NEWS) – A woman was arrested Friday night on multiple felonies, misdemeanors, and traffic violations after police say she led them on a vehicle chased that ended in a crash in the Archdale/Trinity area.
A press release from the Randolph County Sheriff’s Office says that on June 10, 2022, a deputy tried to pull over a driver near Trinity Road. That driver refused to stop and led police on a high speed vehicle chase.
According to 911 radio traffic the driver of the vehicle turned on to Fairview Church Road and then on to Flora Mae Drive where the suspects vehicle lost control at the top of a hill on Flora Mae Drive leading to the vehicle rolling over. In radio traffic officers told dispatchers that they had to bust out the windows of the vehicle to extract the driver.
During a search of that vehicle, deputies say they located illegal substances and a firearm that had been reported stolen out of Guilford County.
That driver, whom police later identified as Ryan Julia McQueen, was transported to a local hospital by Randolph County EMS before being taken to the Randolph County Jail where she was charged with several felony, misdemeanor crimes and traffic violations.
Ryan Julia McQueen
- Felony possession with intent to manufacture/sell/deliver schedule IV controlled substance
- Felony trafficking opium or heroin (Two counts)
- Felony flee to elude arrest with a motor vehicle
- Felony possession of a stolen firearm
- Misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia
- Misdemeanor possession of marijuana
- Misdemeanor possession of marijuana paraphernalia
- Reckless driving to endanger
- Following too close
- Driving left of center
McQueen was issued a $500,000 secured bond and a first appearance was set for June 13, 2022, in Randolph County District Court.