RANDLEMAN N.C. – A search warrant in Randleman located heroin, cash, and a stolen firearm and led to the arrest of one person who is now facing felony drug and gun charges.
On July 7th, 2023, the Randolph County Sheriff’s Office Vice and Narcotics Unit, assisted by the Criminal Interdiction Team and Randleman Police Department, concluded an investigation relating to the distribution of narcotics in Randolph County.
That investigation led to police obtaining a search warrant for a home on E. Naomi Street in Randleman. Detectives say in that home, they located and seized a trafficking amount of Heroin, US Currency, and a firearm which had been reported stolen.
As a result, Nicholas Cornell Chavis was arrested and taken to the Randolph County Jail where the magistrate found probable cause for multiple felony drug and gun charges. He received a $130,000.00 Secured Bond with a first appearance in Randolph County District Court on July 10, 2023.
Nicholas Cornell Chavis
- Felony Trafficking in Heroin
- Felony Maintaining a Vehicle/Dwelling/Place for Controlled Substance
- Felony Possession with Intent to Manufacture/Sell/Deliver Heroin
- Felony Possession of Firearm by Felon
- Felony Possess Stolen Firearm
- Misdemeanor Possess Drug Paraphernalia
$130,000.00 Secured Bond