Thursday, May 30
Shadow

Tag: Fire

Businesses Evacuated After Suspected Fire At Coach’s Restaurant

Businesses Evacuated After Suspected Fire At Coach’s Restaurant

Breaking News
ASHEBORO N.C. (ACME NEWS) - Several businesses were evacuated just before Noon today after black smoke was spotted in the Kitchen of Coach's restaurant on Hwy 49 in Asheboro. Firefighters from Asheboro's Station 1 & 2 responded to the scene along with Asheboro PD and Randolph County EMS. According to officials on scene they believe that grease that had built up in or near the HVAC system began to smoke after the heat was turned on in the kitchen. The fire put its self out after the system was turned off. No one was injured and the all other businesses have re-opened. UPDATE: Acme News verified that Coach's has re-opened as of 1:20 P.M. Credit: Scott Pelkey / Acme News
Firefighters Battle Semi-Truck Fire & The Heat

Firefighters Battle Semi-Truck Fire & The Heat

Breaking News
Tractor Trailer Fire - US Hwy 64 East, Franklinville (Scott Pelkey / Acme News)Tractor Trailer Fire - US Hwy 64 East, Franklinville (Scott Pelkey / Acme News)Tractor Trailer Fire - US Hwy 64 East, Franklinville (Scott Pelkey / Acme News)Tractor Trailer Fire - US Hwy 64 East, Franklinville (Scott Pelkey / Acme News) ASHEBORO NC (ACME NEWS) – This afternoon firefighters battled a semi-truck fire and the heat. Just before 3:30 PM Randolph County 911 was notified of a semi-truck on fire. The vehicle was in the parking lot of the Deep River Rail Trail on Hwy 64 E, just prior to the Ramseur city limits. When the Franklinville Fire Department arrived they reported the truck was fully involved. The fire was knocked down within minutes. Once the fire was out the heat became the next problem. ...
Randleman Hardee’s A Total Loss – Water Heater Likely Cause

Randleman Hardee’s A Total Loss – Water Heater Likely Cause

News
Scott P/Acme NewsScott P/Acme NewsScott P/Acme NewsScott P/Acme News RANDLEMAN NC (ACME NEWS) - Four days after a fire consumed the Hardee's in Randleman investigators say the building is a total loss. According to Michael Smith, assistant chief and fire investigator with the Randleman Fire Department while the investigation is still underway he is confident that a water heater malfunction is to blame for starting the fire. Smith says he is waiting on a few final pieces of information including video surveillance footage before making his determination final. The total damage is estimated at between $800,000 and $1.5 million, including lost profits. According to county records the property is owned by Hardee's corporate office located in Tennessee. While we have reached out to them ...
Fire Consumes Randleman Hardee’s

Fire Consumes Randleman Hardee’s

Breaking News
(Scott Pelkey / Acme News)(Scott Pelkey / Acme News)(Scott Pelkey / Acme News)(Scott Pelkey / Acme News)(Scott Pelkey / Acme News)(Scott Pelkey / Acme News)(Scott Pelkey / Acme News)(Scott Pelkey / Acme News)(Scott Pelkey / Acme News)(Scott Pelkey / Acme News)(Scott Pelkey / Acme News) RANDLEMAN NC (ACME NEWS) - Fire crews responded to a commercial structure fire at Hardee's in Randleman Saturday morning. Photos posted to social media show flames 10 feet high over the building and thick black smoke that could be seen as far south as Asheboro. Photo by Julie-Blackburn Randleman, Sophia, Westside, Level Cross, Climax, and Guil-Rand Fire Departments worked to put out the fire. They were assisted by Randleman PD, and Randolph County EMS who were on standby at the scene. Officials ...